¨Assumption…The Mother of All Screw Ups¨

My Own Assumptions

I was born in Oceanside, California which is not far at all from the great city of Vista, California. In Oceanside, people are very high end and the community is very diverse in the sense that people are not very tight knit. They are very clicky and different. Before I moved to Vista I have always assumed that Vista was saturated with Hispanics and was very poor. I thought is was an ugly and boring city. I was a hundred percent wrong.

Vista California is one of the most tight knit communities I have ever been around. It is very home grown and there are not very many places on the coast where you will find a community so involved it each other. If the local high school hires a new head football coach the community is not ashamed to voice there own opinion whether good or bad. The kids here have all grown up together and so have all of their parents. Its pretty cool to see this community grow up-close.

Outer Assumptions

Many people at first glance would think exactly how I did. There are lots of Hispanics in Vista and the school district had the lowest paid staff for a while. There are lots of areas in the city homes are filled with working class families. But to limit your minds at that observation is pretty sad. Vista is a community that is growing and becoming so much better, there are so many people who care about not only the growth of the city but the growth of the students. For instance Vista High School is changing into open education and the community has come celebrated with the High School. Theres no better feeling than to play a high school football game when the crowd is saturated with alumni and their families, the passion of the Vista crowd roars as if their in a Colosseum.